home sweet home

Thursday, October 21, 2010

After a year of living in a tiny studio apartment in Paris, me and my husband decided to move to lovely little 1 bedroom just 5 minutes west of the city. It's next to one of Paris' grandest shopping malls complete with cineplex and everything else we need, including a great view of the Sacre Coeur, a balcony on the 6th floor and the sparkling lights of the Eiffel Tower in the distance.

After the wind-down of the wedding(s) I've been itching to get our apartment decorated and done up nice so I'll be posting some work-in-progress photos soon. Now that we've welcomed our new kitty, it's really starting to feel like our little home sweet home :)

+ me +

♥♥♥

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, my sweet! My head is literally about to burst with all of the things I want to share with you!!

First: ah!!

Second: I'm looking to move back to Paris in September, so I can start a year's worth of classes in October. I did a semester abroad my sophomore year of college, and now I simply need more!

Puis: the apartment search!! Faute de l'argent, it looks like I'll be in a tiny, tiny, tiiiiny studio somewhere .. which is most certainly NOT a problem, except for the fact that I was slightly spoiled during my semester abroad (put-up in a spacious two-bedroom with lots of sunlight in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Près), and I have my heart set on having a dog. *Le sigh*

Donc: I found a few larger living spaces that were much more affordable just outside the city, and that WOULD permit a pup! Now, at first I was apprehensive about keeping a dog in an apartment ... but the rascal would have my heart and definite priority when it comes to time spent outside of class.

All of that to ask: how do you enjoy living where you are? It seems lovely, and I love this picture! Your description of it sounds amazing, too. I suppose I have the "mothery" questions - do you feel safe at night walking around? Are there parks and such nearby?

Ohh! The apartment search has been the most therapeutic escape from the reality that is finishing undergrad.!! Get me out!! Thanks for reading this short novel, and I sincerely love your blog!

:) Rach

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP